Last November, I spent a weekend with my sisters. We foraged through Marge’s closet and found lots of fun stuff! One of the finds was a cheater quilt that Marge had hoped to hand quilt. As you know, I’ve been collecting “vintage” tops to finish on my longarm. Just what I need, more UFOs!
Here’s the quilt finished and bound before washing and drying. I did not pre-wash the fabrics because I wanted to wash and dry the quilt for the wrinkly, antique look.
Here’s the quilt after washing. Every flower center is quilted with a different design. That was the fun part for me! I challenged myself to get out rulers, that I never use, to create a fill pattern. I enjoyed doing freehand feathers the most and had to refrain from putting a feather in each one!
I love it! It’s going to be very hard to give this quilt back to Marge!
Every flower block is outlined and echoed, which gives lots of texture. The petals and leaves puff out giving it the impression of applique.
The binding is a dark gold Kona cotton. I love it! Thanks for looking! 🙂 Linda
I’m linking with A Stitch In Time for a January 2013 finish.
Check out other finishes here.